Invisalign Clear Braces – Oklahoma City, OK
Straighten Teeth Without Metal Brackets or Wires
Crooked, misaligned, or awkwardly spaced teeth can detract from your self-confidence and negatively impact your oral health. Straighter teeth are easier to care for, and they contribute to a positive self-image as well. If you’d like to achieve straighter teeth without the hassle of metal braces, Invisalign may be the solution for you.
With Invisalign clear braces, Dr. Isaacson can correct many adult orthodontic issues, from overcrowding to bite problems. Whether you’ve worn braces in the past or this is your first time, Invisalign provides a wonderful solution for almost any patient.
Why Choose Joe Isaacson Dental for Invisalign?
- Image-Friendly Orthodontic Treatment For Teens & Adults
- Clear, Thermoplastic Aligners – No “Metal Mouth”
- Dedicated & Friendly Dental Team
How Does Invisalign Work?
The process begins with a consultation here in OKC. We’ll examine your teeth and take some X-rays, photos, and impressions. Dr. Isaacson will use all of that data to define your orthodontic problems; he’ll also talk with you about what exactly you want your new smile to look like. Then, the treatment planning process begins. Your cosmetic dentist in Oklahoma City designs your new smile and sends some notes, along with the imaging data, to Invisalign.
The Invisalign laboratory then creates a series of custom, clear thermoplastic aligners that fit over your teeth. You’ll wear each aligner for roughly 20-22 hours each day for two weeks. Every time you graduate to a new aligner, your teeth move a little closer to their proper positions.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign in Oklahoma City?
- Clear – The aligners are barely noticeable when placed against the teeth. That doesn’t mean no one will know that you’re getting your teeth worked on, but at least you will be able to maintain a professional appearance. Plus, you won’t be in danger of anyone calling you a “metal mouth.”
- Removable – The removable nature of Invisalign offers a few big benefits. It’s easy to remove your aligner when you’re eating a meal. Therefore, there is no need to worry about sticking to any dietary restrictions. Additionally, if you want to remove the aligner when you attend a special event, go for it. Just be sure that you wear Invisalign aligners for at least 20 hours every day otherwise. You’ll also be able to brush and floss your teeth according to your normal routine. This is a huge advantage over regular braces, since it can take a long time to navigate around all those brackets and wires.
- Convenient – Your treatment is planned from the beginning, so you’ll have all the aligners you need to complete your smile’s transformation. Of course, we’ll still ask you to come in for periodic checkups (every four to six weeks or so) with Dr. Isaacson so he can check on your progress.
- Accessible for Many Patients — Most teenagers and adults with mild to moderate tooth misalignments are good candidates for Invisalign. It’s best for people who are determined to get a straighter, healthier smile because it takes a bit of self-discipline to wear and care for the aligners as you should.
- Fast — Treatment time varies from case to case, but on average, Invisalign only takes about a year to finish its job (you might start to see results within the first couple of months). Regular braces often take 18 months or longer, for comparison.
- Compliance Monitoring — Invisalign for teens comes with a blue compliance dot on the aligners, making it easy for Mom and Dad to tell if their son or daughter has been wearing their clear braces as much as they should.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Many people assume that because Invisalign is such an innovative product, it costs a ton of money. That’s simply not true! In fact, the price is comparable to that of traditional orthodontics. In some cases, the total cost of clear braces may even be less than that of their regular old counterparts because the overall treatment time is reduced with Invisalign.
Many insurance companies are willing to help cover the cost of Invisalign, but you’ll have to check the fine print of your policy just to be sure. If insurance won’t step in to assist you, it might be possible for you to arrange a convenient payment plan here at Joe Isaacson Dental.
Would you like to learn more about Invisalign? Please contact us to schedule a consultation that will get you on the road to a straighter, healthier, and more attractive smile.
How Is Invisalign Different?
Unlike traditional braces, no brackets or wires are used to move your teeth. Instead, a series of custom-made aligners are worn to gradually move them into position. You must be committed to wearing these aligners for at least 22 hours per day. Depending on your dentist’s recommendations, you will switch to a new aligner in the series every one or two weeks. On average, it will take about 12 months to complete your series.
Will People Notice the Aligners?
The aligners are made from a clear, hi-tech plastic to provide a virtually undetectable treatment process. When compared to traditional braces, they are far less noticeable. To ensure that they maintain their translucent appearance, it is best to care for them properly. Do not eat or drink anything except water while wearing them. In addition, you will need to clean them daily using a clear antibacterial soap and a soft-bristled toothbrush.
Are the Aligners Uncomfortable?
When compared to traditional braces, many find Invisalign aligners to be much more comfortable. The aligners are smooth so there is no irritation to the inside of your lips or cheeks. They will provide a comfortable fit because they are made from customized impressions of your mouth, so you do not have to worry about any slipping when you smile or speak.
How Often Will I Need to See My Dentist?
Since no wires are used, you will not need to have appointments for adjustments. You will still need to come into our office every few weeks to allow Dr. Isaacson to monitor the movement of your teeth and ensure that progress is being made.
What Happens if an Aligner Breaks?
If the aligner cracks toward the end of the week and it is almost time to switch to a new one, it usually is not a serious concern. If the crack or break is large or occurs a few days after wearing the aligner, you will need to contact us for a replacement.
Does Insurance Cover Invisalign?
Today, many dental insurances will cover a portion of the cost for the treatment. The amount covered will vary depending on your specific policy.
How Can I Get Started?
If you are ready to start your journey to a complete smile, your first step is to schedule a consultation here in Oklahoma City. Dr. Isaacson will determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign and create a customized treatment plan to give you the straight smile that you have always wanted.